Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pixie Brides: Accessorizing Short Hair

When I cut my hair short for the first time, my best friend's main concern was, "What if you get engaged!?" At the time, I thought, "I'd have to grow my hair back out," but returning from the salon today, happy with my shortest crop yet, has me thinking "Why would I need long hair?" Though I'm not planning a wedding just yet, I've been having fun perusing bridal accessories for shorter hair with my new epiphany!

While a bride with a short style could still wear a long veil, securing it in 2 (or less) inches of hair may get tricky. Short hair under a long veil can also create a vintage look, which may or may not be what a bride is going for. And so the question is... what's a short-haired girl to do?!

Rock a Short Veil - A shorter veil means less weight, and a smaller chance that it will get tugged when hugging a billion people, thus making it easier to be and stay secured in a shorter 'do. A veil that comes closer to your hair length could also create a more streamlined, cohesive look.

1. Etsy: Bouquet By Rosa Loren
2. Etsy: Bella Bridal Veils
3. Sara Gabriel - Drew Veil

Top it off with a Glamorous Headband - The options are endless here - floral, bling, bows, you name it! Again, securing a headband is much easier than clips or barrettes. And you can keep the styling to a minimum. Pop a headband on a sleek bob or pixie, and you're done!

4. The Knot Blog
5. Dolly Couture
6. Wowhairstyle.com
Get Cagey - Another popular and vintage-inspired option is the birdcage. Simple and sweet and surprisingly versatile! While the fishnet style has more of a retro feel, a birdcage made of a closer-knit material can complement a formal dress and fit beautifully into an elegant celebration.


7. Ross Oscar Knight
8. Prettydesigns.com
9. Wedding Channel
10. French Wedding Style
If the bride is committed to making a long veil work, there are luckily a ton of beautiful options out there. A headband with veil attached at the bottom is a great way to work a long veil more easily!

StyleCaster

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome bridal accessories for short hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete