Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday Favorites: Courthouse Weddings

For many couples, a courthouse wedding is the perfect way to get hitched. For some it's a money saver or simply more practical. Some can't wait to be married, some are about to be deployed in the military, and others just don't see the point in a lavish occasion. For others, it might be the only option. For lesbian and gay folks in Michigan, for example, there was only a 4-hour period the day after the marriage ban was overturned during which couples could legally marry, before Gov. Snyder appealed.  While I could go on and on here about how awful and unfair Michigan's government is being right now, I will spare you and keep this a fun Friday. Here are some of my favorite courthouse weddings from around the web.

You need to check out the source for this one. Looking at this couple's entire wedding got me all teary. So happy and beautiful, these two really set the bar high for eloping!
[SOURCE: Munaluchi Bridal]
[SOURCE: Christy Cassano-Meyer]
[SOURCE: Aphrodite's Wedding Blog]
[SOURCE: Huffington Post]
[SOURCE: 100 Layered Cake]

[SOURCE: Kate Murphy Photography]

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo! My name is Christy, and I'm the photographer for the second courthouse photo posted. I loved that wedding! :)

    The link you have is incorrect. Could you please change it to www.christycassano.com? I would truly appreciate it! It looks like I was getting some hits from your site before it changed. Thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete